Saturday, March 3, 2012

Dear Iris,
 Last night we had a big family dinner.  Mamaw made her famous Swiss Steak (one of my favorites) and your mom made her famous cheddar biscuits.  We had a lot of laughs, as usual!  Your dad brought a video player so we could watch old home videos.  It was so much fun.  Your mommy was SO cute and very chubby!  We watched the video of her coming home from the hospital when she was first born.  I still remember that day. We were so excited for our beautiful new baby sister.  We even had a few fights over who got to hold her.  Mostly because Aunt BB was a very selfish two year old who didn't want to share "her baby".  Those were fun videos to watch, but it made me sad to think that I will miss out on your little homecoming.  I can't wait to see what you will look like, the sound of your little voice, your little personality.  You have a very anxious family awaiting your arrival...your family in Africa included!  Love you!

1 comment: